To sign up for the HES DADS' Club
& stay up to date on meetings and events,
send an email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
The 2023-2024 school year at HES is going to be an excellent opportunity for you to get involved in many different ways. Heritage Elementary School and our PTA have so many groups, events, and volunteer opportunities with which to get connected and give back. I encourage you to start now, to find a group or club to plug in with, start networking, and make the most of this school year. I can assure you, it will fly by and you do not want to miss out!
Dads' Club is a volunteer group of HES fathers who give back in various ways throughout the year. We like to think of ourselves as a fun crowd and we look for any excuse to get together and have a good time. Oftentimes that takes the form of off-campus get-togethers, but our primary responsibility is having a positive paternal impact on the many students at Heritage Elementary School. Here is a sampling of how we serve throughout the year:
- High Five Friday - Meet at the traffic circles during drop off every other Friday to high five the students as they walk into campus, psych them up for the weekend and assist as needed with traffic flow. Click HERE to see the schedule.
- Grapevine Parade of Lights Christmas Parade Float - Dads' Club enters a float in the parade every year and it takes a team of us to accomplish it! We have a lot of fun socializing and building out the vision every year. Those who participate in the construction have the opportunity to ride on the float during the parade with their HES little ones.
- Restoration Projects - Each year, Dads' Club picks at least one pet project around HES campus to help restore and/or clean up. We have a few ideas for this year's project(s) and need YOU to help make it happen.
- Community Crawfish Boil - This year, Dads' Club plans to host a crawfish boil in March. This is an all-hands-on-deck affair! It will turn out to be a fun, family centered day of gathering, enjoying some Cajun cuisine, and soaking in the fresh springtime air. You will NOT want to miss out on this!
- On-Campus Volunteers - Whether it's assisting with supervising in the cafeteria during lunch, or getting involved at PE with some intense games of dodgeball, Dads' Club is the group that makes this happen. Be on the lookout for dates and opportunities to get involved with your children and their friends.
- PTA Event Coverage - Dads' Club is a group within the PTA. As such, we are called on frequently to assist with manning of various PTA sponsored events. These include: Spring Fling, Field Day, Winter Holiday Party, Book Drive, and many others!
The goal is to have enough variety of events, that no matter your work/home life schedule, you can find a worthwhile and fulfilling area in which to serve.
Please join us at any of our upcoming events to get involved. And don't forget to add yourself to the Dads' Club email list by following the directions above.
See you around campus!
HES Dads' Club President